Whole Grain Sugar CookiesSubmitted by: HANNYMUFFIN
IntroductionTaste and look like the regular thing but with extra fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that come with being whole grain. Taste and look like the regular thing but with extra fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that come with being whole grain.
ADAPTED FROM BETTY CROCKER
1 1/2 cups powered sugar
1 cup tub margarine(or whipped butter)
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 large egg
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole grain white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder (or cream of tartar)
2. Add flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir.
3. Cover and chill 2 or more hours. DO NOT SKIP THIS
2 hours later...
Preheat oven to 375
Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray
4. Separate dough into smaller portion that are easier to roll.
5. Roll out dough and using a cookie cutter, cut out shapes. (You could also use the open end of a cup if you don't have cookie cutters)
6. Place about 2 inches apart of cookie sheet.
7. Bake for about 8 minutes.
Let cool before icing.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.
Number of Servings: 31
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HANNYMUFFIN.