Tofu RavioliSubmitted by: JULIEIRENE
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup Water
1/4 tsp Salt
1 block Tofu, firm
1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
2 cloves Garlic, minced
3 Tbsp Fresh Basil, chopped
2. Beat together eggs, oil, water and salt. Pour into well.
3. Mix wet and dry ingredients until fully mixed. Scrape into ball of dough.
4. Turn dough out onto floured surface and knead about 10 minutes (until smooth & shiny).
5. Wrap dough in plastic and set aside at room temp about 20-30 min.
6. While dough rests, mix together all filling ingredients.
7. Once dough is done resting, split into 2 halves. Roll each half out onto floured surface (TIP: pasta will expand in cooking, so roll as thin as you can).
8. On one dough sheet, scoop 1 Tblsp-size balls of the filling about 2-3 in. apart.
9. Use pastry brush to brush egg white around dough areas between filling balls.
10. Lay 2nd dough sheet on top of the balls.
11. Use small glass or cookie cutter to cut circles around each ball.
12. Pull out excess dough (if you have enough, you can roll it out and cut fettucini noodles to freeze for later)
13. Use a fork to mash sides of each ravioli together (like on pie edging).
14. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place noodles in water and cook about 6 minutes.
15. Top with your sauce & veggies of choice!
This meal makes about 6 servings (3-6 ravioli a piece depending on the size).
You can also save aside half the ravioli and freeze to cook another time.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JULIEIRENE.