- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 232.1
- Total Fat: 11.6 g
- Cholesterol: 12.5 mg
- Sodium: 293.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.8 g
- Protein: 6.1 g
Asparagus Soup w/ Lavender Lemon CreamSubmitted by: JULIEIRENE
IntroductionFrom "The Lavender Cookbook" by Sharon Shipley From "The Lavender Cookbook" by Sharon Shipley
3 lbs Asparagus, fresh
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
2 medium White Onions, chopped
2 medium Russet Potatoes, cubed
1 cup Brown Rice
1/4 cup fresh Parsley, chopped
1 tsp fresh Thyme, chopped
1 tsp dried Lavender, finely chopped
6 cups Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth (or home made!)
1/2 cup dry White Wine
1/4 cup fresh Lemon Juice
1 tsp fresh Lemon Zest
1/2 tsp Butchers Black Pepper (or White Pepper)
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
Lemon Lavendar Creme Ingredients:
1/2 cup Creme Fraiche
2 Tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp fresh Lemon Zest
1/4 tsp dried Lavender, finely chopped
1. Wash asparagus & remove rough parts. Cut into 2" pieces, reserving the tips.
2. Bring about 2 cups of water to a boil and drop the reserved tips in for about 1 minute to bring out bright green color. Drain, rinse with cold water to stop cooking, pat dry with a towel and set aside.
3. Heat Olive Oil & Butter in large stockpot. Toss in onions to sautee until translucent.
4. Stir in potatoes & rice cook about 5 minutes.
5. Add in 2" asparagus pieces, thyme, lavender and parsley, as well as Vegetable Broth. Bring to boil & allow to simmer about 10 minutes.
6. Use handheld mixer, immersion blender or food processor to cream together the hot mixture until relatively smooth and creamy.
7. Stir in wine, lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper & salt.
8. Allow to simmer on low approximately 5 minutes.
To make Lavender Lemon Creme:
1. Mix creme fraiche with lemon zest, lemon juice and dried lavender. Chill until ready to use.
Pour into separate bowls & swirl in or drizzle lavender lemon creme on top of each bowl of soup. Garnish with reserved asparagus tips and enjoy!
This recipe makes 8 servings. It is excellent with a piece of rustic wheat bread or a mixed greens salad. Very filling!
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JULIEIRENE.