- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 150.6
- Total Fat: 6.1 g
- Cholesterol: 51.5 mg
- Sodium: 205.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 2.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 22.3 g
Broiled Lemon Butter TilapiaSubmitted by: VIDABONITA
IntroductionTasty tilapia broiled in lemon butter and encrusted in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Tasty tilapia broiled in lemon butter and encrusted in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
Four 3-4 oz. tilapia fillets
Butter, 1 tbsp
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small-medium lemon
Dried thyme, 1 tsp
Garlic salt, 1/4 tsp
Crushed red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp
4C Japanese Style Panko Seasoned Bread Crumbs, 1 tbsp
Parmesan Cheese, grated, 1 tbsp
PAM Cooking Spray
2. Toss with garlic salt, crushed red pepper and dried thyme (fresh works too if you have it).
3. Lightly sautee garlic in butter until the garlic is lightly golden brown.
4. Lightly spray a broiling pan with some Pam and then lay the fillets a few inches apart.
5. Brush the garlic/butter mixture over each fillet, making sure to cover the fillet as much as possible and squeeze lemon over the fillets
6. Place under your broiler for 10-12 minutes (my broiler has 2 settings: low and high; low works for this).
7. While the fillets are broiling, mix bread crumbs and grated parmesan cheese. Check the fillets at around 10 minutes; if they're close to done, sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over each one and allow to broil for 2-3 more minutes.
8. And voila! You're done. Easy, quick, healthy and oh-s0-tasty!
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user VIDABONITA.