- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 201.1
- Total Fat: 14.5 g
- Cholesterol: 6.6 mg
- Sodium: 543.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.8 g
- Protein: 11.6 g
Garlic Parmesan Flax Seed CrackersSubmitted by: KAYJAYS
IntroductionFound this recipe at about ,com and could not wait to try it! This low carb snack cracker cooks up crispy and delicious - I will make them long after I am "required" to eat low carb :O) Found this recipe at about ,com and could not wait to try it! This low carb snack cracker cooks up crispy and delicious - I will make them long after I am "required" to eat low carb :O)
1 cup flax seed meal
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
1) Mix all ingredients together.
2) Spoon onto sheet pan which is covered with a silicone mat or greased parchment paper.
3) Cover the mixture with a piece of parchment or waxed paper. Even out the mixture to about 1/8 inch. I find a straight edge, like a ruler, works well, though you can use a rolling pin or wine bottle too. The important thing is not to let it be too thin around the edges or that part will overcook before the center firms up. So after you spread it out, remove the paper and go around the edges with your finger and push the thin part inwards to even it up.
4) Bake until the center is no longer soft, about 15-18 minutes. If it starts to get more than a little brown around the edges, remove from oven. Let cool completely - it will continue to crisp up.
5) Break into pieces. (OR - you can cut or score the crackers with a pizza cutter before baking them)
The whole recipe is 6 grams of effective carbohydrate plus 35 grams of fiber.
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KAYJAYS.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This sounds good, I am making these this evening - thanks for sharing the recipe, I will check back later - 5/26/10
Reply from KAYJAYS (5/26/10)
I have made them a couple more times and have found that adding more flavor -- i.e. cumin & garlic powder - made them even better!! I also sprinkle them with sesame seeds now - - so fast and easy that I will probably keep making them even when I am not so strictly low-carb. Hope you enjoy!!