- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 87.7
- Total Fat: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 7.6 mg
- Sodium: 223.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 2.0 g
Party Mix (like the Chex's party mix)Submitted by: TEDDYBEAR662
IntroductionThe party mix my family likes and put it in here so I can log it in for my Sparks. :-) The party mix my family likes and put it in here so I can log it in for my Sparks. :-)
6 Tbsp. Butter (or Margarine - I used butter)
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 tsp. Seasoned Salt
3/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
3 cups Corn Chex cereal (I use store brand)
3 cups Rice Chex cereal (I use store brand)
1 cup of dry roasted peanuts
Optional: you can add mix nuts instead, pretzels, or bagel chips. (I did not and it's not in the nutritional info).
* Melt butter in large roasting pan in oven.
* Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
* Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
* Spread on paper towels to cool. store in airtight container 12 cups snack.
*** you can cook it in the Microwave too. ***
1. In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts (pretzels and bagel chips); set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
2. Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
(I prefer the old fashion way, the oven)
Makes: 24 servings (1/2 cup each)
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TEDDYBEAR662.