Oatmeal On-the-Go Bars
2 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
Pinch of Salt
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
3 Tbsp Honey
1/2 Cup Applesauce
1 Large Egg
1 Tsp Vanilla
3/4 Cup Cranberries, Raisins, Blueberries, and/or Cherries
1/2 Cup Walnuts
2. Place the first 5 dry ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Mix the milk, applesauce, egg, agave, and vanilla in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, stir to combine and then stir in the dried fruits and nuts.
5. Pour the oatmeal mixture into a buttered or greased 7 x 11 inch baking dish.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until thickened and golden.
7. Cool, cut into squares and serve.
*Refrigerating the bars will make them last up to 5 days.
Makes 18 Bars
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EEVAKOS.