Spicy Sweet Potato SoupSubmitted by: BRYANNAMARIE
* 1/2 cup greek yogurt
* 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
* 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 1 tablespoon butter
* 1 onion, sliced
* 2 cloves garlic, sliced
* 4 cups chicken stock
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
* 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
* 1 lime, juiced
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
* salt to taste
* 1 large roma (plum) tomato, seeded and diced
2. Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened. Add sweet potatoes, and chicken stock. Season with cumin, chili flakes and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
3. Puree the soup using an immersion blender or regular blender. If using a counter top blender, puree in small batches, filling the blender just a bit past half way to avoid spillage. Whisk peanut butter into the soup, and heat through. Stir in lime juice, and salt.
4. Ladle into warm bowls, and top with a dollop of the reserved greek yogurt, a few pieces of diced tomato, and a sprinkle of cilantro.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BRYANNAMARIE.