Banana flapjackSubmitted by: ROBERTS930
IntroductionThese are more moist and delicious than regular flapjacks - and bananas and oats are good for you! They are good for satisfying sweet cravings and are also filling due to the oat content. These are more moist and delicious than regular flapjacks - and bananas and oats are good for you! They are good for satisfying sweet cravings and are also filling due to the oat content.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 medium bananas, mashed
125g unsalted butter
2 tablespoons of golden syrup
85g light brown muscovado sugar
1. Grease a 13x9 inch square cake tin and preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius/gas mark 4
2. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in the microwave and stir well. Or melt slowly in a nonstick pan on a low heat, stirring constantly.
3. Stir in the oats and baking powder until well combined.
4. Finally, mix in the mashed bananas.
5. Transfer to the cake tin and press down firmly using the back of a metal spoon.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25mins or until golden brown.
7. Cut into 12 pieces and leave in the tray to cool, before transfering to a wire rack, to stop them falling apart when hot.
8. Keep fresh in a sealed container for up to 5 days and also freezable.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ROBERTS930.