OkonomiyakiSubmitted by: RAZEL_ODELL
IntroductionOkonomiyaki is sometimes called 'The Japanese Pizza'. Okonomi means as you like. This refers to the ingredients. Okonomiyaki is sometimes called 'The Japanese Pizza'. Okonomi means as you like. This refers to the ingredients.
Flour - 2.5 cups
Water - 8 oz
Eggs - 2 large
Cabbage - 4 leaves
Additional Ingredient Ideas (not included in calories):
Leek or Green Onion
Anything you like...
Aonori- green dried seaweed
Katsuobushi- Driedn shaved benito
2. Mix the water, flour, eggs, and the cabbage strings together in large bowl.
3. Now add the extra ingreditants. Use whatever suits your taste. (Don't forget to keep an eye on the nutrition though!)
4. Fry the dough like a pancake in a small frying pan.
5. Before turning the okonomiyaki over, and while the dough is still quite soft, you may put other ingredients on top of the dough.
6. Turn the okonomiyaki.
7. When fried well, serve the okonomiyaki. May be served wiht mayonnaise or okonomiyaki sauce.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RAZEL_ODELL.