- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 184.8
- Total Fat: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 759.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.7 g
- Protein: 12.4 g
Black Bean Soup made w/ Greek Yogurt (Biggest Loser)Submitted by: HALOHALO202
IntroductionSmooth and creamy black bean soup w/ a slight kick Smooth and creamy black bean soup w/ a slight kick
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 shallot, chopped rough
1 clove garlic, chopped rough
1 red jalapeno, seeded and chopped
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups cooked black beans
2 cups fat free low sodium chicken stock
Lime juice, to taste
1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek-style yogurt
2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
• Heat a large pot over medium high heat.
• Add the oil and sweat the shallot for 1 minute.
• Add the garlic, jalapeno, and cumin and continue cooking for 1 minute.
• Add the beans, chicken stock, and yogurt and bring to the simmer.
• Let simmer for 5 minutes and transfer soup to a blender.
• Working in batches, puree the soup until smooth and return to a medium saucepot on medium heat.
• Season the soup to taste with salt, pepper, and lime juice.
• Ladle the soup into serving bowls, drizzle some yogurt over the soup and garnish with the chopped cilantro.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HALOHALO202.