- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 414.7
- Total Fat: 17.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 180.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 25.4 g
L's Beef, Aubergine & Courgette GratinSubmitted by: LINDAPEARCE27
IntroductionHighly filling and very satisfying, even for those not watching the weight Highly filling and very satisfying, even for those not watching the weight
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp chopped basil
pinch of salt
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Good handful of closed cup mushrooms, chopped
3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
100ml red wine
4 tbsp of soft margarine
1 cup beef stock
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp tomatoe puree
1 medium sized aubergine, diced
2 medium sized courgettes, diced
500g minced beef
800g-1lb potatoes for mashing
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
400g can chopped tomatoes with juice
2. Prepare all the veg (courgette, mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, onion, green pepper, potatoe) by chopping/dicing.
3. Place the chopped potatoe into a pan of water, bring to the boil, then simmer until soft enough to mash with the margarine (do this preferably after the meat has been cooked, otherwise mash then put lid on pan and reserve).
4. Heat olive oil in a large heavy-based pan. Add onions and chopped/crushed (what ever you prefer) garlic and sautee until soft.
5. Add beef mince and keep stirring until browned all over.
6. Add vegetables one at a time and stir until thoroughly mixed (keep the fresh tomatoes until last), including the aubergine.
7. Stir in tin chopped tomatoes with juice, tomatoe puree, red wine (optional) and beef stock and red wine vinegar.
8. Stir in spice and herbs.
9. Simmer for 15 to 20 mins so meat is thoroughly cooked.
10. Mash potatoes (if not done so already). Divide between dishes and ladle the meat mixture to the side of the mash in each dish.
11. Serve with green beans or fresh green salad if desired. Is fine on its own though. Can also garnish with a sprig of Parsley or Basil leaves.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LINDAPEARCE27.