- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 385.6
- Total Fat: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 25.3 mg
- Sodium: 1,574.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 7.3 g
- Protein: 18.7 g
Skillet Gnocchi, Spinach, and White BeansSubmitted by: KKLEWI2
IntroductionIn this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette. In this one-skillet supper, we toss dark leafy greens, diced tomatoes and white beans with gnocchi and top it all with gooey mozzarella. Serve with a mixed green salad with vinaigrette.
* 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
* 1 16-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi, (see Tip)
* 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1/2 cup water
* 6 cups chopped chard leaves, (about 1 small bunch) or spinach
* 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
* 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
* 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
* 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
2. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and onion to the pan and cook, stirring, over medium heat, for 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and water. Cover and cook until the onion is soft, 4 to 6 minutes. Add chard (or spinach) and cook, stirring, until starting to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper and bring to a simmer. Stir in the gnocchi and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling, about 3 minutes.
Tips & Notes
* Tip: Look for shelf-stable gnocchi near other pasta in the Italian section of most supermarkets.
Per serving: 325 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 8 mg cholesterol; 55 g carbohydrates; 14 g protein; 6 g fiber; 616 mg sodium; 360 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (50% daily value), Vitamin C (40% dv), Calcium & Iron (19% dv).
3 Carbohydrate Serving
Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KKLEWI2.