Spiced QuinoaSubmitted by: MELISSAJF
IntroductionA flavour packed side dish with Indian flavours. A flavour packed side dish with Indian flavours.
Ancient Harvest Traditional Whole Grain Quinoa, 1 serving =.25 cup dry, 1.5 cup (remove)
Olive Oil, 1 tbsp
Cardamom, ground, 0.5 tsp
Coriander, 0.5 tsp
Cumin , 0.5 tsp
Cayenne, 0.25 tsp
Vegetable Stock (3 cups of stock)
Raisins, 0.33 cup (not packed)
*Pine Nuts, 0.25 cup
Parsley, 2 tbsp
2. Pan fry Leeks and ginger until clear
3. Add Quinoa, spices and stir until browned
4. Add stock, bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and cover until the stock has reduced
6. Toast the pine nuts under the grill or in a small amount of oil on the stove top (watch carefully as they can burn quickly!)
7. Once the stock has been absorbed into the Quinoa, add the pine nuts, raisins and parsely.
8. Serve and enjoy!
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MELISSAJF.