Creamy Brown Rice PuddingSubmitted by: SFUJIMOTO
Introductiona healthy adaptation to a good recipe a healthy adaptation to a good recipe
- 1 can (13.5 oz / 385ml) evaporated skim milk
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup liquid (or creamed) honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 large eggs (OR 1/2 cup frozen egg product, thawed)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Measure eggs / egg product into small bowl. Add 1/2 cup hot mixture to eggs. Mix well. Stir into saucepan. Heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap directly on surface to prevent skin from forming. Serve warm or cooled to room temperature. Makes 5 1/4 cups.
- serving size: 1/2 cup
- Makes 10.5 servings
- Recipe adapted to be a bit healthier from the "Creamy Rice Pudding" recipe in "Company's Coming Diabetic Cooking" cookbook
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SFUJIMOTO.