Baked PretzelsSubmitted by: HOLLI_D
IntroductionYummy baked pretzels, low in fat and super duper yummy. Make sure not to let them rise after you twist them up before getting them into the oven. Yummy baked pretzels, low in fat and super duper yummy. Make sure not to let them rise after you twist them up before getting them into the oven.
1 cup water
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 2/4 cup white flour
3/4 tsp yeast
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 tbsp water
optional: course salt or sesame seeds
2. Set aside bowl and let the dough rise in a warm draft free place with a damp cloth over it for about 2 hours or until it has almost doubled in size.
3. Punch it down on the counter when it is done and roll it out to be 14 x 9 inches. Cut 1/2" strips that are 1/2" in width.
4. Take each strip and roll it out until it is about 18" long and then grab the two ends and pinch them together and twist the dough up and slide the ends through the loop that will be created at the half-way point that you grabbed ... I know this sounds complicated but really twist it up into any shape you like and it will still be delicious.
5. Brush your little creations with the beaten egg and 1 Tbsp of water and if you want sprinkle some course salt or sesame seeds over them.
6. Put it all in the oven with another pan filled with water at the bottom (the humidity helps keep the dough perfect) at 350 F for 20-22 mins.
Number of Servings: 17
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HOLLI_D.