- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 143.1
- Total Fat: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 2.3 mg
- Sodium: 85.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 28.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 1.8 g
Quicki Cannoli w/ chocolate fillingSubmitted by: HANNYMUFFIN
IntroductionFast, easy and almost like the "real" thing. You might say they are inside out too but your taste buds don't know the difference, save some calories and fat without any flavor sacrifice. Fast, easy and almost like the "real" thing. You might say they are inside out too but your taste buds don't know the difference, save some calories and fat without any flavor sacrifice.
4 sheets phyllo dough (whole grain would be best but it's really hard to find, this recipe uses traditional)
1 tablespoon melted smart balance 50/50 or unsalted butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tablespoons low fat milk
2. Prep phyllo. Take one sheet at a time, carefully, and butter the top with melted butter, but reserve a little. Then stack on top of each other until finished.
3. Cut in half lengthwise and into thirds width wise.
4. Roll each square up and use butter as a closure. Place on cookie sheet, preferably with parchment paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. While baking prep the topping.
6. Combine remaining ingredients to create the topping, stir until smooth. It will resist but show it who is the boss.
7. Let cannolis cool.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HANNYMUFFIN.