Maple Bacon MuffinsSubmitted by: ANGIETUNIE
IntroductionThese are incredible. If you like pancake syrup with your bacon, you should try them. These are incredible. If you like pancake syrup with your bacon, you should try them.
2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup evaporated milk
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp maple extract
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, bacon, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
2. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and beat.
3. In another bowl, whisk the milk, cream, vanilla, maple extract; add to butter mixture and stir until combined.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix until well combined.
4. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
5. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Number of Servings: 19
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANGIETUNIE.