- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 225.4
- Total Fat: 13.9 g
- Cholesterol: 102.5 mg
- Sodium: 499.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.3 g
- Protein: 16.0 g
G/F - Shrimp, Feta and Spinach CasseroleSubmitted by: MICHCAT17
IntroductionGluten Free Gluten Free
3 T butter (or olive oil)
10 oz frozen chopped spinach-thawed and squeezed (or freshly chopped spinach - 1 lb = 5oz frozen)
1 can diced tomatoes, drained (fresh tomato would be great if in season)
1/4 lb Feta Cheese (optional)
10 oz. fresh med. shhrimp, peeled and deveined
1/4 cup leftover g/f vinaigrette (lemon, garlic or greek)
Salt & Pepper
1 Garlic clove, minced
2 T shallots, diced
1/4 lb mushrooms, sliced
3-4 T dry white wine
2. Grease a 1 1/2 inch casserole dish.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter or oil over moderate heat and add the spinach, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the wine and cood for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Put the spinach mixture into the casserole dish.
6. Layer the mushrooms over the spinach and then layer the diced tomatoes over them. Place the shrimp on top and layer the vinaigrette over the top.
7. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve over rice or pasta if desired.
8. Bake until bubbly and cheese is slightly brown ~25 minutes
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MICHCAT17.