- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 176.6
- Total Fat: 7.2 g
- Cholesterol: 78.8 mg
- Sodium: 238.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 20.8 g
"Pargiot"-- Israeli Grilled Chicken Dark MeatSubmitted by: YIYEHTOV
IntroductionI order this whenever I eat in Israeli grilling restaurants... here's my attempt to recreate it at home! I order this whenever I eat in Israeli grilling restaurants... here's my attempt to recreate it at home!
* 6 Chicken thighs, bone and skin removed
* 6 Chicken drumsticks, bone and skin removed
(About 1.1 kilo of boneless, skinless chicken, total. You can also substitute chicken breasts... they won't be quite as juicy, but the calorie count will be lower!)
* Onions, raw, 1 medium small-- diced finely
* Garlic, 4 clove - minced
* Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
* Soy sauce (shoyu), low sodium, 2 Tbsp
* Lemon juice, 2 Tbsp
* Cumin (ground), 1 tsp
* Paprika, 1 tsp
*Honey (or date honey), 1 tsp
* freshly ground black pepper and red pepper flakes, to taste
Eight skewers (to grill)
2. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Pour over the thicken pieces. Let marinate in the fridge for at least two hours (overnight is good).
3. Heat up your grill or a grill pan on the stove. Chop each pepper into large pieces. Divide the chicken and the peppers evenly onto eight skewers, spacing pieces of chicken with pieces of sweet pepper.
4. Grill for 5-10 minutes or until done. Serve with a side of rice, potatoes, couscous, pita, broccoli, or whatever you want. Enjoy!
Serving size: one skewer. Makes 8 skewers.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user YIYEHTOV.