- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 191.2
- Total Fat: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 41.2 mg
- Sodium: 203.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 22.2 g
Tomato based Chicken curry- 191 caloriesSubmitted by: TKBOSWORTH
IntroductionThis is a good chicken curry which is low fat and tastes even better the next day. This is a good chicken curry which is low fat and tastes even better the next day.
4 chicken breasts, no skin
1 green pepper
1 tin of tomatoes
500g- passata (blended tomatoes)
200g low fat yoghurt
1 cup of water
1 tsp gound cumin
1tsp ground corriander
1tsp ground tumeric
1 tsp garam masala
3-5 tsp of chilli powder- add to own taste of spice.
1 tsp minced ginger root
1tsp minced garlic
salt and ground pepper to taste.
2. slice the chicken into cubes.
3. place chicken in the yoghurt spice mix and rub the marinade into the chicken.
4. Cover and leave in to marinade in the fridge for at least 4 hours or over night.
5. Slice the onion and pepper into strips.
6. Heat a large pan until hot add a little water. Then add the onions, garlic, ginger and pepper until soft and the onions have browned about 10-12 mins.
7. add the garam masala to the onions and peppers and fry for 2-3 mins.
8. add the tin tomatoes and cook for a further 3-4 mins. It will be quite dry at this stage but dont worry, this is the paste for the base of your curry.
9. remove paste from pan and set aside.
10. take the chicken out of the fridge.
11. In the same pan you made the paste, fry the chicken for 1 -2 mins until sealed- may have to do this in batches. Keep any left over yoghurt the chicken marinated in for later.
12. add the chicken back to the pan along with the paste and stir together.
13. Add half the passata and stir.
14 Add the water and any left over yoghurt and salt and pepper to taste.
15. cover and simmer for 25-30 mins- if you want more sauce then add a little more of the passata.
serve with basmati rice or chapatis
serves 4-5 people.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TKBOSWORTH.