Honey-Steak KebabsSubmitted by: SEESKO
* 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed hot red pepper flakes
* 16 ounces boneless sirloin steaks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
* 2 large bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
* 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges
Remove beef and discard marinade. Using 4 10-inch metal skewers (or use wooden skewers that have been soaked in water for a couple hours), alternately thread beef and vegetables.
Broil or grill 2 inches from heat, turning 2 or 3 times until meat is cooked to 160° and vegetables are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
This also can be baked at 350 for 45 min (ovens vary). Place skewered meat and vegies on a foil lined sheet pan and turn 3-4 times during baking time.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SEESKO.