- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 381.0
- Total Fat: 13.6 g
- Cholesterol: 154.3 mg
- Sodium: 298.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 24.0 g
Pan-seared shrimp and arugula RisottoSubmitted by: MASCARAK
IntroductionAdapted from Cooking Light 5/2010. Adapted from Cooking Light 5/2010.
4 cups Homemade Chicken Stock
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1/2 cup chopped shallots
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup uncooked Carnaroli or Arborio rice or other medium-grain rice
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2 tablespoons butter
3 cups baby arugula
1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
Homemade Chicken Stock (I USE BULLION CUBES...NUT INFO HERE BASED ON BULLION CUBES)
8 pounds chicken wings
5 quarts water, divided
4 celery stalks, cut into 3-inch pieces
2 onions, quartered
2 carrots, cut into 3-inch pieces
15 parsley sprigs
10 thyme sprigs
3 bay leaves
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Place chicken wings on 2 jelly-roll pans coated with cooking spray. Bake wings for 1 hour or until browned. Place wings in a stockpot. Pour 1/2 quart water into each jelly-roll pan, scraping to loosen browned bits. Pour water mixture into stockpot.
3. Add remaining 4 quarts water, celery, and remaining ingredients to stockpot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 4 hours, skimming off and discarding foam as needed. Strain stock through a fine sieve into a large bowl; discard solids. Cool stock to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours. Skim solidified fat from surface of stock; discard fat.
Fat:0.7g (sat 0.2g,mono 0.2g,poly 0.2g)
1. Bring Homemade Chicken Stock to a simmer in a small saucepan (do not boil). Keep warm over low heat.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp to pan; cook 1 minute. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
3. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic to pan; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in wine; cook 1 minute or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add 1 cup stock; cook 4 minutes or until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Stir in remaining stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently until each portion of stock is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 minutes total). Stir in shrimp; cook 1 minute or until done. Stir in cheese, butter, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Remove from heat; stir in arugula and basil.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MASCARAK.