- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 372.8
- Total Fat: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 121.9 mg
- Sodium: 301.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.0 g
- Protein: 39.9 g
Slow Cooked Beef CasseroleSubmitted by: TAZARIA
1.5kg Beef (Blade, Chuck, Topside, Gravy, Round etc)
1 small Butternut Pumpkin
800g crushed tomatoes
1 cup red wine
Thyme & Oregano to taste
Cornflour (approx 3tbsp, to thicken gravy)
2. Place meat & onions in slow cooker, adding the other chopped vegetables.
3. Pour half the tin of crushed tomatoes in, and then add the wine, cornflour and herbs to the remaining tomatoes. Mix well and then pour into slow cooker.
4. Stir all ingredients so they are well coated in the tomato mix.
5. Cook on LOW for 8 - 10 hours, or HIGH for 4 - 5 hours.
6. Serve with mashed potato, pasta or crusty bread. Will serve 8+ depending on what you serve it with!
*Note: I use whatever vegetables I've got.. sometimes celery, potato, peas, cauliflower, whatever!
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TAZARIA.