- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 540.2
- Total Fat: 23.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 4.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 80.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11.0 g
- Protein: 11.0 g
Cinnamon Apple Walnut OatmealSubmitted by: TURBO-GIRL
IntroductionSuch a delicious and well-balanced breakfast! Cooks in 5 minutes in the microwave. Get your morning fiber, protein, healthy fats, and 2 servings of fruit - all in one bowl! Such a delicious and well-balanced breakfast! Cooks in 5 minutes in the microwave. Get your morning fiber, protein, healthy fats, and 2 servings of fruit - all in one bowl!
- 1/2 cup of plain Old Fashioned Quaker Oatmeal (or whatever brand you like - just be sure it's the old-fashioned kind, not the instant kind)
- 1/4 cup of walnut pieces (protein and healthy fats)
- 1/4 cup of raisins (1 full serving of fruit!)
- 1 fresh apple (another full serving of fruit!)
- Cover with enough water to just reach the top of the ingredients.
- Place in the microwave on half-heat and start cooking for 5 minutes.
- Chop up the apple and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Pause the microwave and add the chopped apple to the bowl - no need to stir it in. By now the timer should have about 2 minutes left.
- Let the oatmeal finish cooking.
This is delicious topped with milk, almond milk, soy milk, or just eaten plain. I eat this every morning and I have energy for hours!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TURBO-GIRL.