Yellow Mini CakeSubmitted by: HANNYMUFFIN
IntroductionPerfect for child's first birthday. Also for occasions where a large cake would be too much!
Makes 3 (4 inch) cakes. Perfect for child's first birthday. Also for occasions where a large cake would be too much!
Makes 3 (4 inch) cakes.
1/2 cup whole grain white flour
1/2 cup unbleached enriched flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon iodized salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup non-hydrogenated light tub margarine, melted
1 medium egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Add dry ingredients together. (Flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.)
3. Incorporate wet ingredients. (Margarine, egg, vanilla and water.)
4. Mix until bottom of bowl can scrap without bringing up any flour. Mixture should be glossy.
5. Grease 3 (4 inch) mini cake pans with cooking spray. OR 2 (4 inch) mini cake pans and about 6 mini muffin cups.
6. Place pans on baking sheet for easy removal and mess insurance.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until tops lightly browned and toothpick inserted is removed clean.
8. Cool at least an hour before decorating.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HANNYMUFFIN.