PaellaSubmitted by: JENN9544
* Olive Oil, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped (remove)
* Green Peppers (bell peppers), 1 cup, chopped (remove)
* Peppers, sweet, red, raw, sliced, .5 cup (remove)
* Garlic, 5 cloves (remove)
* Chicken Breast, no skin, 13 ounces (remove)
* applegate farms andouille sausage, 2 serving (remove)
* Canned Tomatoes, .75 cup (remove)
* Lea & Perrins, Worcestershire Sauce, 1.5 tsp (remove)
* Hot Pepper Sauce, 1.5 tsp (remove)
* long grain rice, 1.5 cup (remove)
* Low sodium vegetable broth, 3 cup (remove)
* Shrimp, raw, 10 large (remove)
* Saffron, 1 tsp (remove)
Creole seasoning (1 tbs or to your taste)
1 cup frozen peas
Cut chicken into large strips, heavily pepper. Heat oil in large, Deep pot. Brown chicken on all sides. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, creole seasoning, sausage and rice. Cook about 4 minutes, stirring a couple times.
Add Worcestershire, hot sauce, tomatoes, peas, saffron. Cook 1 min. Add stock, bring to boil and cover 12 minutes simmering on low heat.
Add shrimp, cover and cook 5 more minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
Serve with pleny of lemon wedges.
This recipe will work with any meat and seafood you like, feel free to improvise!
Number of Servings: 7
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENN9544.