- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 296.2
- Total Fat: 4.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 75.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 44.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 16.4 g
- Protein: 14.4 g
Black Bean Croquettes with SalsaSubmitted by: DRSUNSHINE1
Introductionfrom Everyday Food recipe, modified from Everyday Food recipe, modified
2 cans black beans, rinsed
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
1 cup chopped diced tomatoes, divided
1 tsp chili powder (hot if desired)
1 dash salt
1 sm avocado, diced
2. Mash black beans and cumin in large bowl until no whole beans remain. Stir in corn and one half of breadcrumbs.
3. Combine tomatoes, chili powder and salt in small bowl. Stir 1/2 cup of this mixture into bean mixture.
4. Divide bean mixture into scant 1/2 cup balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake croquettes until heated through, approx 20 min.
6. Dice avocado and stir into remaining tomato mixture to make salsa.
7. Serve 2 croquettes with 1/4 cup of salsa.
Makes 4 servings of 2 croquettes and 1/4 cup salsa each.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DRSUNSHINE1.