Healthier WafflesSubmitted by: LILMOMMAS27
IntroductionThese taste good and are made lighter with applesauce instead of oil. My family loves these. These taste good and are made lighter with applesauce instead of oil. My family loves these.
1 3/4 cup flour, white
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1/2 cup applesauce, naturally sweetened
1 1/2 cups milk, 1%
2. Seperate egg whites and egg yolks. Place egg yolks in a small bowl. Place egg whites in a medium bowl.
3. Add milk to egg yolks and mix well.
4. With electric mixer mix egg whites. Set aside.
5. Mix egg yolk/milk mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
6. Add applesauce into the large bowl. Mix well.
7. Add egg whites into large bowl. Fold in until just mixed. Don't over mix.
8. Heat waffle iron.
9. Spray with cooking spray if needed.
10. Add batter to waffle iron. Cook about 4-6 minutes depending upon how well done you like them.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LILMOMMAS27.