- Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 144.7
- Total Fat: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 13.9 mg
- Sodium: 48.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
Chewy Chocolate Brownies w/ Cherry Dr PepperSubmitted by: KAYOTE
IntroductionMy son's idea - he loves the Dr Pepper cherry dessert topper so we used it to make brownies. My son's idea - he loves the Dr Pepper cherry dessert topper so we used it to make brownies.
* Hersey's Baking Cocoa, 3/4 cup
* Butter, unsalted, 1 stick
* Motts Natural Apple Sauce, 0.5 cup
* Egg substitute, liquid (Egg Beaters), 0.75 cup
* Vanilla Extract, 1 tsp
* Splenda for Baking, 1 cup
* All Purpose Unbleached Flour, 1 cup
* Sea Salt, 0.25 tsp
* Dr Pepper Cherry Dessert Topper, 1/8 tsp per brownie
Melt butter. Mix melted butter with baking cocoa until smooth. Add egg beaters and vanilla. Stir in Splenda. Slowly blend in flour and salt.
Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray and pour in brownie batter.
I use a brownie pan with divider while baking so we added 1/8 tsp of the Dr Pepper Cherry Dessert Topper while baking.
Bake until brownies begin to pull back from pan. The original recipe called for 25-30 minutes but I found it took 40 minutes on the first try.
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KAYOTE.