- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 395.3
- Total Fat: 18.2 g
- Cholesterol: 59.7 mg
- Sodium: 852.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 23.3 g
Pimped-out, Semi-health-a-fied Kraft Dinner (Macaroni and Cheese)Submitted by: CURVES_N_CURLS
IntroductionNot yo' mama's KD! Fatty, Sodium-y, Mega-processed --- but with PROTEIN & VEGGIES! ;-) Created 07-24-2007. Not yo' mama's KD! Fatty, Sodium-y, Mega-processed --- but with PROTEIN & VEGGIES! ;-) Created 07-24-2007.
* 1 box Kraft Dinner (Macaroni and Cheese Mix)
* 130 g (1 cup) Peas, frozen
* 200 g Europe's Best 'Romanesco Concerto' Frozen Mixed Vegetables
* 1/4 cup Salted Butter
* 1 (284 ml) can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom soup
* 2 cans (120 g each) President's Choice Solid White Albacore Tuna (low sodium)
* 3/4 cup 1% Milk
* 100 g Black Diamond Marble Cheddar Cheese
2. Add the frozen peas and frozen mixed vegetables to the boiling water and pasta pot, and boil for another 3 - 4 minutes. Drain and reserve.
3. Lower the heat to medium, and add the butter to the pot. Melt the butter, and then add the can of mushroom soup, the milk, and the Kraft Dinner powdered cheese packet. Stir / whisk to incorporate. Add the tuna, and heat through, stirring occasionally. Add the cheese, and melt into the sauce mixture, stirring constantly.
4. Lower the temperature, add the reserved pasta and veggies to the pot, and stir to cover with the sauce. Heat through.
5. Makes six generous (slightly overflowing) 1-cup servings.
6. Enjoy! :)
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CURVES_N_CURLS.