Mushroom tofu stir-frySubmitted by: ANNE-ELIZ
IntroductionA "quickie' stir fry with what was on hand. A "quickie' stir fry with what was on hand.
* Scallions, raw, 1 large )
* Celery, raw, 1 stalk, medium (7-1/2" - 8" long)
* Shallots, 2 tbsp chopped
* Garlic, 1 clove
* Mushrooms, fresh, 2 cup, pieces or slices
* Ginger Root, 1 tsp
* Tofu, extra firm, 0.15 block
* Soy sauce (tamari), 2 tbsp
* Sesame Oil, .5 tbsp
* *Chili Oil 1 tsp, 1 serving
* Turnips, .5 small
* Baby Carrots, raw, 2 medium
* Sweet potato,baked in skin, without salt, .5 small
Slice in half lengthwise; open like a book, cut each side in half
Cut one quarter into cubes and marinate in tamari with garlic and onion powder
Prep vegetables, cut into small dice.
Heat skillet or wok
Add approximately 1 Tblsp oil
Stir fry, shallot, scallion, celery, turnip, ginger; push to side
Add mushrooms, stir fry
Add cauliflower; push to side
Add marinated tofu,fry until slightly browned
Mix the vegetables on the sides into middle
Add marinade remaining in the bowl along with one or two tablespoons of water,then the half tablespoon of Sesame oil.
Cook for 3 to 5 more minutes.
Finish with Chili oil.
Serve alone, with rice or noodles.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANNE-ELIZ.