- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 210.0
- Total Fat: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 32.5 mg
- Sodium: 141.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.8 g
- Protein: 25.1 g
Protein Pumpkin Pancakes w/ optional almond butter cream sauce and berries
Pumpkin Protein Pancakes
• 1/4 cup old fashioned oats (instant should work fine too)
• 2 egg whites (or equivalent from a carton)
• 1/4 heaping cup pure canned pumpkin
• 1/2 scoop whey protein powder (Vanilla)• Cinnamon to taste
• 1 tsp vanilla
Optional: Not included in Calories
Almond Banana Cream Sauce
• 1/2 tbsp natural almond butter (natural PB should work just fine if you like that)
• 1 tbsp almond milk (or any other milk of choice)
• Cinnamon to taste
• Chunk of banana (about a third of a medium maybe) I just use about 25g
• Maple Flavor
• 1/2 cup frozen mixed berries or berries of choice
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. You want the egg whites to coat everything evenly so you don’t get egg chunks in your pancakes. Heat a sprayed skillet over medium heat (I use 7 out of 10) and divide batter into three pancakes. Once the bottoms are solid enough to flip, turn them over and you can flatten them all the way with the spatula. Then cook like normal pancakes.
Almond Butter Cream Sauce:
Blend all ingredients until creamy. I use the mini chopper attachment for my hand blender. It’s easier to blend together if you spread the AB on the banana first so it doesn’t stick to the sides. I imagine you could easily use a regular blender too. If clean up isn’t your thing try heating the ingredients and whisking them together, it will probably be chunkier but should still be good.
Microwave berries in a glass bowl for 1-2 minutes until warm and soft. The juices should be running.
Top pancakes with almond sauce, then berries. Serve and Enjoy!!
Number of Servings: 1