Authentic Mexican GuacamoleSubmitted by: LGK1000
IntroductionI was given this recipe by my teacher while I studied Spanish in Mexico. It may seem simple, but pretty much everyone who tries it loves it. I was given this recipe by my teacher while I studied Spanish in Mexico. It may seem simple, but pretty much everyone who tries it loves it.
5 medium avocados
1 small onion
1 small tomato
2 small chili or jalapeno peppers
- Remove seeds from peppers and dice into very small pieces, then add to bowl
- Slice avocados in half from top to bottom. Remove pits then spoon whole avocado halves into the bowl
- Cut limes in half and squeeze juice over contents of the bowl
- Add a little salt
- Mix everything together with a FORK, this guacamole is supposed to be chunky so you shouldn't use a mixer or blender
- Add more salt / lime juice to taste (make sure to taste it!)
Should make about 3 cups of guac
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LGK1000.