Venison Baked PenneSubmitted by: JAMSIEY0206
8 oz. dry whole wheat penne
1 pound ground venison
1 large onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
2 cans diced tomatoes
1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
2. Brown venison in a large saucepan.
3. Add onion, green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Cook until vegetables are tender.
4. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
5. Toss pasta with sauce. Pour into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
6. Top with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake 1 hour. Uncover and bake 5 minutes additional.
7. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 1 cup servings.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JAMSIEY0206.