- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 144.3
- Total Fat: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 52.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 6.0 g
Multigrain Blueberry Waffles- RecipeZaar.comSubmitted by: EAGLES17
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/16 teaspoon baking powder
1/16 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Breeze
1/4 egg white
3/16 teaspoons unsweetened applesauce
1/8 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the milk and applesauce; add to the flour mixture, stir until almost blended.
3. Fold in blueberries until just mixed.
4. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites with electric mixer until they form soft peaks.
5. Fold egg white into batter.
6. In a greased, heated waffle iron, pour 1/2 cup batter into the iron (will depend on the size of the iron); cook for 5 minutes, or until steam no longer escapes from under the waffle iron lid, and the waffle is golden.
* NOTE: if making pancakes, you may use 1 egg white instead of 2.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EAGLES17.