- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 181.9
- Total Fat: 4.3 g
- Cholesterol: 33.6 mg
- Sodium: 552.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 36.0 g
Amazing Pot Roast - Slow CookerSubmitted by: LINDACMI
IntroductionIf you're like me, half the joy of working from home is starting dinner in the morning, and enjoying the aroma all day long! This pot roast is awesome! If you're like me, half the joy of working from home is starting dinner in the morning, and enjoying the aroma all day long! This pot roast is awesome!
I buy all my organics at Whole Foods Market. Some of the major food chains now carry some organics - you might have to ask.
* Beef, top sirloin, 1 lb - Buy hormone & pesticide free
* Olive Oil, 1 tbsp, organic, first cold pressed xtra virgin
* Pacific Natural Foods Organic Vegetable Broth, 2 cups
* Annie's Naturals Organic Ketchup, 2 cups
* Organic Cider Vinegar, 0.5 cup
* Organic Onions, raw, 2 cup, chopped
* Organic Garlic, 2 cloves minced
* Organic Brown Sugar, 6 Tbsp
* Organic Carrots, raw, 5 carrots, chopped
* Organic Celery, raw, 5 stalks, chopped
Rub the roast with the Olive Oil and brown all sides in a hot pan.
Stir the broth, ketchup cider vinegar, onions, garlic and brown sugar in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add the roast, carrots, and celery.
Cover. Cook on low 8 hours or until meat is tender. Slice roast and serve with veggies and sauce.
Great with a side of organic green beans!
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LINDACMI.