Healthy Dan Dan NoodlesSubmitted by: DABINEXIAN
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 packets of Splenda or another sugar substitute
1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp Asian sesame oil
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
1 tbsp grated, peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, crushed with garlic press
3 green onions, thinly sliced
12 ounces napa cabbage, sliced
1 package (9 ounces) whole wheat spaghetti
2. Heat nonstick 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat until very hot. Add turkey, ginger, garlic and green onions and cook 6 to 8 minutes, until turkey is browned, breaking up turkey with side of spoon and stirring occasionally. Transfer turkey mixture to small bowl.
3. In same skillet, cook cabbage 5 minutes or until lightly browned stirring frequently.
4. Meanwhile, heat large saucepot of salted water to boiling over high heat; add spaghetti and cook as label directs.
5. Return turkey mixture to skillet. Stir in broth mixture, heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered two minutes to blend flavors and thiken sauce slightly.
6. To serve, drain spaghetti, toss with turkey mixture in skillet.
Makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DABINEXIAN.