Carrot Cake SmoothieSubmitted by: MYOWNHERO
IntroductionYou can replace honey with Splenda if needed. Leave out the coconut if you want to reduce the fat. You can replace honey with Splenda if needed. Leave out the coconut if you want to reduce the fat.
* 3 cups scrubbed and sliced carrots (not baby carrots)
* 1/3 cup water
* 1 can of unsweetened pineapple chunks (20 oz)
* 1 cup skim plus milk
* 2 Tablespoons angel flaked coconut (unsweetened)
* 1/4 cup wheat germ
* 3 Tablespoons old-fashioned oatmeal (dry)
* 2 tsp. vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
* 1-1/2 cups non-fat vanilla yogurt
* dash cinnamon
* 1/2 Tablespoon honey
Place sliced carrots and water in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high 4 to 8 minutes, until carrots are soft enough to mash. Mash and place in a blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients except pineapple) and blend well. Break up frozen pineapple chunks and add to mixture, blend well.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MYOWNHERO.