Squash SouffleSubmitted by: SUPERTROUPERJEN
IntroductionInspired by a certain popular cafe's breakfast souffles, I made my own using a few simple ingredients I had on hand Inspired by a certain popular cafe's breakfast souffles, I made my own using a few simple ingredients I had on hand
1 1/2 cups yellow squash, seeds removed and sliced thin
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
3 eggs -- beaten
2 teaspoons flour
1 tablespoon dijon
1/4 cup milk
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
1 roll refrigerated croissants
2. Cook squash and onion together until tender in butter and set aside to cool.
3. Beat eggs and add flour, cheese,mustard and milk. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray and place half sheet of croissant in bottom.
5. Add squash and onion into egg mixture and pour into baking dish.
6. Top with second half of croissant on top and bake for 25 minutes.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SUPERTROUPERJEN.