Blueberry Streusel MuffinsSubmitted by: BUTTERFLYFAERIE
IntroductionThis recipe has the Streusel ingredients and reflects butter and fresh blueberries being used as well as 1% milk. This recipe has the Streusel ingredients and reflects butter and fresh blueberries being used as well as 1% milk.
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter (or Margarine), softened
1 egg, beaten
2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 fresh (or frozen) blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter (or Margarine)
- In a mixing bowl, cream 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 cup butter. Add egg; mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine 2 1/3 cup flour, 4 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with 1 cup milk.
- Stir in 1 tsp Vanilla Extract. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups to two-thirds full.
- In a small bowl combine sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffins.
Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until browned.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BUTTERFLYFAERIE.