- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 246.5
- Total Fat: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10.8 mg
- Sodium: 2,167.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12.7 g
- Protein: 8.8 g
Shirataki noodles with lentils in tomato-basil cream sauceSubmitted by: BIVVIE
IntroductionVegetarian low-cal "spaghetti with meat sauce". Vegetarian low-cal "spaghetti with meat sauce".
32 grams dry green lentils (approx. 2/3 cup cooked)
1-8 oz package Shirataki Tofu spaghetti noodles
1 cup Hunts diced tomatoes w/garlic, oregano, basil
1 tbsp Neufchatel cheese
Additional seasoning as desired
1. Cook lentils per package until just tender, drain
2. Drain and rinse noodles thoroughly
3. Dry roast noodles by placing in non-stick skillet that is preheated to the point where a drop of water sizzles quickly. Noodles are ready when they no longer sizzle and very little steam comes off.
4. Cut noodles into manageable pieces with kitchen shears or a spatula
5. Add tomatoes to drained lentils and any further seasonings you desire (oregano/rosemary/etc). And heat to slight "boil"
6. Add noodles and cook on low heat for approx 5 minutes to allow noodles to suck up flavor.
7. Add neufchatel cheese and stir to create a more creamy sauce.