- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 54.9
- Total Fat: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
- Sodium: 81.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
Low Cal Choc Cherry Cupcake-MuffinsSubmitted by: ADELE66
IntroductionA very low fat, low calorie chocolate, cherry cupcake or muffin. Ideal for when you fancy a cakey treat, but don't want the calories! Only 110 calories per muffin or 55 calories per cupcake! A very low fat, low calorie chocolate, cherry cupcake or muffin. Ideal for when you fancy a cakey treat, but don't want the calories! Only 110 calories per muffin or 55 calories per cupcake!
1/3 cup wholewheat flour
1/4 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 oz/170g fat free vanilla yoghurt
3 egg whites
1/2 tsp almond extract
7oz/220g unsweetened, canned, chopped cherries
2. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl and mix well, then stir in the yogurt, agave nectar and almond extract.
3. Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter until just blended.
4. Gently fold in the cherries and divide the batter evenly between the 6 or 12 muffin cups.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tops are puffy and edges are set – the centers will still be slightly “moist” when you remove them from the oven, but they will firm up while cooling.
6. For the cupcakes, you may wish to add some frosting (not included in calorie count)
110 calories per muffin or 55 calories per cupcake
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ADELE66.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I mixed this up the night before eliminating the need to soak oats for 1 hr. In the morning, it was easy to fill muffins tins and bake. The flavor/texture was OK - I think we prefer other muffin recipes but you don't know if you don't try. :) - 5/30/11
Reply from ADELE66 (7/10/11)