- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 130.6
- Total Fat: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.4 mg
- Sodium: 154.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 4.2 g
Gluten Free Choc Cherry MuffinsSubmitted by: ADELE66
IntroductionA welcome, low-fat, low-cal, gluten free muffin treat! A welcome, low-fat, low-cal, gluten free muffin treat!
1/3 cup (60g) gluten free self raising flour
4 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1.8oz (50g) milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup (80g) agave nectar
6 oz/170g fat free vanilla yoghurt
1/2 tsp almond extract
3 egg whites
7oz/220g unsweetened, canned, drained, chopped cherries
2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
3. Stir in yoghurt, almond extract, agave nectar, cherries and chocolate chips.
4. Beat egg whites in small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter until just blended.
5. Bake for 20 minutes until tops are puffy and edges are set. The centres with be moist when you remove them from the oven.
6. Remove to wire rack until completely cool.
130 calories per muffin
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ADELE66.