Giant Cinnamon Rolls!Submitted by: OWLGIRL624
15 tablespoons granulated sugar sub, divided
2 tablespoons active dry yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 large egg white
3 3/4 cups flour, plus about 1/4 cup for rolling
3 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar sub
2. Change to dough hook, gradually add 3 3/4 cups flour, and beat on medium speed until dough is smooth and stretchy and pulls away somewhat from inside of bowl, about 10 minutes (dough will still feel quite wet).
3. Remove hook from bowl and loosely cover bowl. Let dough rise at room temperature until doubled, about 40 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp. cinnamon with 1/2 cup granulated sugar sub. Generously flour a large work surface and scrape dough onto it. Generously sprinkle dough and a rolling pin with flour.
5. Very gently roll and pat dough into a 10- by 24-in. rectangle, keeping a light coating of flour on dough but trying not to work it in. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture and brown sugar, then roll dough into a log starting from a 10-in. side. Cut dough straight down into 8 equal slices. Place slices cut-side up in a greased 10-in. springform pan. Let stand until puffy, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 325°.
6. Set springform pan on rimmed baking pan and bake rolls until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center roll (avoid cinnamon-sugar swirls) comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on rack, 30 minutes.
7. Run a knife around inside of pan to release rolls; remove pan rim. With a serrated knife, cut rolls apart
Make ahead: Instead of letting rolls rise on the counter (step 5), immediately cover with a piece of oiled plastic wrap and chill overnight. In the morning, let stand at room temperature until puffy and no longer cold, about 1 1/4 hours. Bake as directed.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per roll.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user OWLGIRL624.