- Servings Per Recipe: 26
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 60.3
- Total Fat: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 371.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
Palestinian stuffed grape leavesSubmitted by: HIGH5PIRIT
IntroductionThis dish is very unique. It can be cooked in several ways depending on the famous ingredients in every country and they are all delicious. This one I have learned from my mom and always wanted to know how many calories does it contain. Well, it is healthy, tasty and yummy. This dish is very unique. It can be cooked in several ways depending on the famous ingredients in every country and they are all delicious. This one I have learned from my mom and always wanted to know how many calories does it contain. Well, it is healthy, tasty and yummy.
* Pepper, black, 1 tsp.
* Salt, 1 tbsp.
* Lemon Juice, 1 cup.
* White Rice, short grain, 2 cup.
* mint leave, 3 tbsp.
* Bouillon - Chicken - Maggi - 30Cal/1-Cube, 1 serving.
* Parsely, raw 1 Tablespoon, 3 tbsp.
* grape leaves, 130 leaf.
* Onions, raw, 3 medium. chopped
* Red Ripe Tomatoes, 3 medium whole chopped.
* Olive Oil, 6 tbsp.
* Corn Oil, 1 tbsp.
* Water, tap, 2000 mL.
- Soak the rice.
Step two: prepare the stuff.
- Chop the onion and rub it with the Maggi chicken cube and a half tsp black pepper.
- After the rice's been soaked, put it in a large deep bowl then add; the chopped tomatoes, chopped parsley, chopped mint leaves, chopped onions.
- Add half cup of lemon juice, the salt , black pepper and the oils. Mix together.
Step Three: stuff the grape leaves.
- Put each grape leaf -the rough side above- and add 1 tsp of this mixture on the base of the triangle shape of the grape leaf then fold it by rolling the leaf and remember to keep the edges inside while rolling as if you are folding a long sleeves blouse but it should be rolled.
Step four: Cooking the Grape leaves.
- Put the grape leaves in a saucepan with lid, add the other half cup of lemon juice, you can add the rest liquid of the mixture it is very tasty.
- Pour the water and make sure to cover all the leaves with the water and put a flat plate on the top of the grape leaves as a weight to prevent the leaves from floating add more water to have a juicy result.
- Cover it with the lid, bring to boil then reduce the heat and leave to cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
It is delicious with salad, lettuce leaves or tabbouleh.
serves: 26 persons. Each serving : 5 pieces of grape leaves
Number of Servings: 26
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HIGH5PIRIT.