Kerry's Lentil BurgersSubmitted by: KERRYAJMM
IntroductionDelicious vegetarian burgers (not vegan though...sorry~!) Delicious vegetarian burgers (not vegan though...sorry~!)
3-6 TBSP Olive Oil
8 baby carrots, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
3 Cloves of garlic
2 cups lentils
1 cups of prepared quinoa
2 TBSP Tomato paste
2 egg whites
1/2 cup whole oats, cooked and cooled
1 TBSP Flaxmeal
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 avocado, sliced
8 whole wheat burger buns
2. Heat 3 TBSP olive oil in 12 in skillet. Add chopped carrots, onion, garlic and jalapeno pepper
3. Cook unil they start to soften and are fragrant (about 5 minutes). Remove and keep pan warm, adding more olive oil if needed.
4. In a large bowl, add carrot mixture to cooked lentils, cooked oats, tomato paste, cooked quinoa, Vegi zest and flaxmeal. Mix until carrot mixture cools a bit then add egg whites.
5. Form into burgers and cook in pan on both sides until golden brown on each side (about 3-5 minutes per side)
6. Top burger buns with Lentil Burger, tomato slices and avocado slices.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KERRYAJMM.