- Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 217.7
- Total Fat: 5.0 g
- Cholesterol: 108.2 mg
- Sodium: 298.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 33.7 g
Spinach and Feta Chicken BreastsSubmitted by: GRINDRODA
40 ounces of chicken breast, skinless and boneless
10 oz. chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquids
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/2 part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon of water
1 tsp of olive oil
1/4 cup chopped parsley
2) In a small pan, cook onion and garlic for 1 minute in oil. Add drained spinach and chopped parsley and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat.
3) Add feta and ricotta cheese and mix well.
4) Preheat oven to 360 degrees F.
5) Lay chicken flat and put 1/4 cup of mixture in middle of breast. Roll up and seal with toothipick. Fold up sides and make like a package.
6) Scramble egg and water together. Dip chicken into egg and then breadcrumb.
7) Place in a cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes, or until juices run clear.
Servings: 9 rolled up chicken breasts.
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user GRINDRODA.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I'm not big on spinach but this was pretty darn good! I stuffed my chicken breasts rather than rolling them, did not coat with bread crumbs, and cooked in a skillet. I browned each side and then added water to keep the chicken moist as it continued to cook. 1 stuffed chicken breaset = 2 servings. - 8/27/10