- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 112.9
- Total Fat: 5.0 g
- Cholesterol: 116.3 mg
- Sodium: 289.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
Zucchini Pancakes (Food 52)(Tublady)Submitted by: TUBLADY
IntroductionCrisp , light zucchini pancakes ,dapped with sour cream or low fat drained greek yogurt. Delious It's hard not to start eating them right out of the pan. Crisp , light zucchini pancakes ,dapped with sour cream or low fat drained greek yogurt. Delious It's hard not to start eating them right out of the pan.
2 cups grated zucchini
1/2 cup grated potato
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 pinches of breadcrumbs ( I used Panko)
oilive oil spray ( or any non stick cooking spray)
2 tablespoons of low fat sour cream, or greek yogurt (drained) Both these are optional.
pinch of salt or salt subsuite and pepper to taste.
2. In a bowl, beat egg, chopped parsley, and lemon zest from one lemon.. Add pinch of pepper and more salt to taste. I use a salt subusite or Ms. Dash.
3. .Roll and squeeze zucchini/potato mixture in a towel to soak up moisture. Add the bread crumbs to soak up any leftover wetness.
4. Combine zucchini/pototoe mixture with egg mixture. Stir well to coat.
5. Turn on oven to 200^ and place cookie sheet with foil in there to keep the pancakes warm as you make them.
6. Heat a 13" skillet on medium hight heat. Spray pan with cooking spray. ( You can use olive oil or tablespoon of butter, but will change the calorie count.) When the pan is hot, drop a spoonful of the pancake mixture in. take a spatula and try to flattn it out as much as possible, it will be more crispy that way.
7. Cook 2 at a time untill golden brown on each side, then place them in the oven to stay warm. Serve as soon as possible with a dollop of sour cream or strained greek yogurt on top for extra richness.
Makes 24 , 2 inch pancakes. Serves two for side dish.
Serves more if used as snacks.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TUBLADY.