Lunchbox Apple PiesSubmitted by: SHERUHLS
IntroductionA convenient pie to pack in a sack lunch! A convenient pie to pack in a sack lunch!
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups wheat flour
1/4 cup ice water
1 T olive oil
2 cups, peeled, cored and diced apples
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 large egg
1 T water
1 tsp sugar
2. Add olive oil to pan over med-low heat. Add apples and cook until apples soften, about 5 minutes.
3. Add brown sugar to apples and cook and stir until sugar is dissolved and any juices from the apples begin to thicken, about 5 more minutes.
4. Remove apples from heat and stir in cinnamon.
5. Roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 12 rounds with a 4 inch biscuit cutter.
6. Place dough rounds onto greased backing sheets. Top half of each round with a tablespoon of apple mixture. Fold opposite end of dough over apples and seal with hands or a fork.
7. Cut a small slit in the top of each pie to vent steam.
8. Combine egg, 1 T of water, and sugar until well blended and sugar is dissolved. Brush on the tops of each pie.
9. Bake pies at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cool completely before storing.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SHERUHLS.